Many of the retirement strategies utilized by today’s financial planners were brought about in the 20th century and have grown outdated. This class will compare-and-contrast the old retirement paradigms that are still being used by many advisors with the new retirement paradigms of today.
Many of your ancestors enjoyed certainty in their retirement because of pensions, Social Security, and limited longevity. You live in a world, where pensions are a thing of the past, Social Security is going broke and longevity is off the charts. All of this means your retirement planning will need to look different because you will face risks in your retirement that no other generation has had to endure. In this class you will learn what you need to do to insulate yourself from the risks facing your retirement, so you do not run out of income before you run out of retirement.
- Determine if you have enough money to retire and stay retired
- Improve your retirement income streams
- Safeguard against market loss during retirement
- Avoid the three basic pitfalls of retirement distribution planning
- Maximize Social Security income and minimize taxation on the benefits
- Evaluate the benefits of Roth Conversions
- Insulate your income from a rising tax rate environment
- Understand why long-term care could destroy your retirement
Learned alot!! This is not my area of expertise; was very excited to have the “small group” learning. Benefited from questions being answered as we went through the material. THANK YOU!!! PS: Will be contacting you, as I am now in a position of caring for aging parent.
I have seen Dave’s shorter presentation previously. It help me more easily grasp the concepts today. Dave does an excellent job explaining a complicated subject simply.